Amarone della Valpolicella D.O.C.G. Vellutato is a smoother version of the classic Amarone.
Thanks to a longer aging and refinement, this wine got an intense garnet red color, a very long, elegant and wide aroma, and a dry, rich and full-bodied flavor. Black cherries, prunes and cedar spice are just some of the scent that can be perceived in this complex wine.
To enhance the appearance of the wine bottle, it has been labeled with a velvety label. Moreover, to preserve the wine flavor and possibly avoid a cork smell, the top is sealed with black wax.
It is suggested to uncork about 2 hours before serving and tasting
- Grapevine: Corvina Veronese, Corvinone, Rondinella.
- Winemaking: It is born from selected grapes that are let dried until late winter in a ventilated room. After the harvesting, these grapes are dried for 4 months in which they have a weight loss of 50%. Check fermentation between 18°C – 22°C.
- Average maceration time: around 20 days – Malolactic fermentation barriques/tonneau.
- Refinement: Aged in wood and refined in bottle for at least 3 years before entering in the market.
- Characteristics of wine: It is made in small quantity from a homemade method that has stayed the same during the centuries and is characterized by a focus selection of grapes and their drying, which precedes the winemaking; is during the ageing and the refining, inside special barriques, that the wine takes its organoleptic characteristics and is enriched. Smooth due to a lower presence of alcohol and glycerin than classic Amarone, but still full-bodied and intense, and above all elegant. It can be preserved for more than 20 years. Its color is intense garnet red, with rich scents of black cherries, prunes, cedar spice, and currant jam; dry taste, full-bodied and very smooth.
- Serving Temperature: between 18°C – 20°C.
- Pairings: Grilled and roast red meat, game, aged cheese.