Nebbiolo is also called the “King” of Langhe. This terroir, set between the province of Cuneo and Asti, in Piedmont, Italy, has a very rich soil perfect to make complex and full bodied red wines, with a good extract of tannins and suited for long wood aging.
Langhe are indeed an essential area that every wine lover should know. There, hills stretch into a tongue shape, and create a landscape of poignant beauty.
However, Nebbiolo is a noble and exclusive grape, which reflects in an unmistakable way its link with the terroir. Moreover, when there is a good climate and a good vintage, Nebbiolo expresses itself into its best form: Barolo D.O.C.G.
- Grapevine: Nebbiolo 100%
- Vintage: First ten days of October, hand harvested.
- Winemaking: De-stemming and crushing – Check fermentation at 26°C
- Average maceration time: 5 days – Malolactic fermentation: on November, barriques/tonneau
- Refinement: barriques – Bottling
- Characteristics of wine: At sight is red with dark red shades. The scent is fruity and floral which reminds raspberries, blueberries and wild strawberries. To the palate it is dry, warm and a bit round with a good tannicity.
- Serving temperature: between 18°C – 20°C.
- Pairings: Tagliolini with truffles seasoned with Ragu of Fassona, agnolotti, red meat, average aged and high pasture cheeses.