Yet another Tuscan pecorino, enriched with fennel seeds instead of pears! The aromatic taste and scent of the fennel are released in the cheese during the making and the aging. It is a little intense but not too lasting, this cheese will always tickle you for another sample.
Pecorino with fennel seeds is excellent for aperitifs with friends and for appetizers.
The taste is fresh and pleasant, and it is actually very digestible.
As Pecorino cheese with Pears, this is the expression of the Tuscan dairy art, which uses secrets and ancient handmade skills to mix ewe’s pasteurized milk, salt, rennet and fennel seeds to create a particular product. The aging is at least of 60 days.
We have selected this pecorino with fennel seeds because it is a quite unique cheese, it reminds us our traditions and its freshness recalls our youth, fresh grass and flowers.
The whole wheel weights around 1.3 kg, but we offer you half a wheel weighting 500 g or a quarter weighting 250 g.
- Taste: lactic, intense, with piercing fennel notes.
- Scent: delicate, very ivinting with notes of ewe’s milk.
- Outer appearance: dark browinsh color and a rough rind (not edible).
- Inner appearance: hard, compact, ivory white colored, with visible fennel seeds.
Our suggestion for:
- Food pairings: as it is.
- Alcoholic pairings: a white wine like Verdejo – Organic.
How to prepare for serving: remove the outer plastic skin, let heat at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving along with the suggested pairings.