Grappa Riserva di Morellino di Scansano is an artisanal and niche product from Tuscany. Usually, Grappa is a product made in the Northern regions of Italy, however, in this case, it is made in the center of Italy and from the grapes pomace of Morellino di Scansano.
For this type of grappa, the pomace is from red grapes. This means that, in order to distill them, they need to get into the alembic as soon as possible, where, through a vapor discontinuous system they will get exhausted both for the aromatic and the alcoholic point of view.
Grappa is usually taste young, without a significative aging. However, it is possible to classify the aging in:
- “Vecchia” or “Invecchiata”: at least 12 months aged in wooden barrels;
- “Riserva“ or “Stravecchia”: at least 18 months aged in wooden barrels.
We selected Grappa Riserva di Morellino di Scansano because it comes with a specific denomination, through an almost unique making process and a good aging in barrels.
- Grape pomace: Morellino di Scansano D.O.C.G.
- Making: Fresh pomace are put in a vapor discontinuous system, an increasingly rare process almost overwhelmed by the continuous system.
- Refinement: Aged in wood for at least 18 months before entering in the market.
- Characteristics: It is made in small quantity from a homemade method that has stayed the same during the centuries and is characterized by a focus selection of grapes. The scent is piercing and fresh, while the color is clean and golden. The taste has a great character, it’s elegant, persistent and dry, with clear smoke aftertaste given by the barrel aging.
- Serving Temperature: between 18°C – 20°C.
- Our suggestion for pairings: as it is, for meditation, with dry pastries like Cantucci.
Did you know…?
Acquavite and Grappa are not the same spirit! Acquavite is made from whole grapes, while Grappa is made from grape pomace!
Grappa is a distillate made only in Italy, and in the Italian Switzerland, and by law it does not have to age.
There are no reviews yet.